DeepNote Revisited! Playin’ some downloaded songs
I’m back at home for winter break now, so I of course had to go visit DeepNote! There have been a bunch of new really tough songs released for GH3, so we figured we’d try playing them. The video below speaks for itself, but basically, DeepNote destroyed them. We also[…]
DeepNote Walkthrough video
I’m excited to announce the release of the DeepNote Walkthrough video. It is a full, detailed explanation of how the bot works. It will be submitted along with our contest entry to parallax to compete in the upcoming propeller design challenge.
DeepNote makes Engadget!
DeepNote managed to make it onto engadget, a popular tech blog
DeepNote finally plays “Through the Fire and the Flames”
Everybody’s been asking for a video of it, so here it is. Enjoy:
Work Continues, Camera Battery Dies
Oops, I forget to charge my camera battery, so no pictures today we managed to get some the next day (posted below), but here’s what we’ve done recently. We completely finshed the metal rack that will hold the sensors, and accompanying tripod mount for it. Using module components, we are[…]
Official Bot Name and Website Launch!
As we near the finish line with our Guitar Hero Bot, we are pleased to announce its official name and website!
It may be hard to believe, but somehow, we are still working on the bot :) Here’s what I’ve got for ya: The delay switch is now fully programmed and functional. This means that the distance between the sensor bar and the bottom of the screen can be adjusted on[…]
Analyzing Outputs, Tweaking Code, Adding Features, and finishing the Guitar
I haven’t posted an update in a while, but it’s purely because we’ve been so busy with the bot. As the long title of this post implies, we’ve gotten a lot accomplished recently, including finishing the guitar! (not the whole bot, just the physical guitar)…But I’ll get to that in[…]
Testing Mounting Solutions
As we finish tweaking our programming, we’ve been testing options for mounting our sensors. After first experimenting with a plexiglass mount, we moved on to velcro (with a temporary lego and K’nex mount). That was too difficult to adjust, so we finally mounted the boards on rails. We’ve ordered sliding[…]
Moving Towards a Finalized Design
Today was dedicated to getting a working prototype of the guitar in its nearly final form. Since we have redesigned the control board, we modified the original design by cutting connections and jumpering pins to get it working with the programming. This is only temporary for testing purposes. All of[…]