What is the SudoGlove?
The SudoGlove is a gesture controller that can be easily interfaced with hardware or software via a wireless connection. The glove implements an array of sensors plus filtering circuitry and mathematical analysis firmware to derive state values for each sensor and transmits them to an authorized receiver. I have used the glove to drive an RC car, to synthesize music, to manipulate openGL video, to control arbitrary processing software, and to control performance lighting effects. You can see videos and examples of these interfaces below.
Glove Control Mechanisms
Driving an RC Car
|Driving Demonstration Video||Uncut Driving Test Footage|
Music Synthesis and Live Performance Effects Control
|Music Synthesis Demonstration||Using the SudoGlove in Live Performances|
SudoGlove Television Coverage
|The Discovery Channel’s Daily Planet Show [source]
Internationally Syndicated in April 2011
|InsideScience TV via the American Institute of Physics [source]
Nationally syndicated in February 2012
SudoGlove Schematics, Source Code, and Documentation
The SudoGlove is comprised of entirely open source hardware and software. You can download all SudoGlove materials in the GitHub Repository. This project is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike.
SudoGlove in the News
- 05/05/2010 – HackaDay.com Post on Glove Interfaces
- 02/15/2011 – CNET News Features the SudoGlove
- 03/14/2011 – Cornell Chronicle on the SudoGlove at BOOM 2011
- 03/26/2011 – HackaDay.com Post on the SudoGlove SudoSynth Interface
- 04/15/2011 – SudoGlove on the Discovery Channel’s Daily Planet Show
- 10/05/2011 – SudoGlove’s Open Hardware Summit Demo in the Cornell Daily Sun
- 02/03/2012 – SudoGlove featured on InsideScience TV
Read My Blog Posts about the SudoGlove
- 05/09/2010 – SudoGlove System Demonstration and Walkthrough
- 03/25/2011 – SudoGlove at BOOM (Bits on Our Minds) 2011
- 03/25/2011 – Uncut RC Card Driving Test Footage
- 03/25/2011 – SudoGlove Software Debug Interface
- 03/25/2011 – Synthesizing Music with the SudoGlove
- 04/15/2011 – SudoGlove on the Discovery Channel!
- 06/19/2011 – Using the SudoGlove for Live Performances
- 02-04/2012 – SudoGlove on InsideScience TV