JeremyBlum.com

v3.1

June 26, 2008
0 comments

Official Bot Name and Website Launch!

As we near the finish line with our Guitar Hero Bot, we are pleased to announce its official name and website! Continue reading

Playing on the XBOX 360

June 26, 2008
0 comments

Exciting Developments

It may be hard to believe, but somehow, we are still working on the bot :) Here’s what I’ve got for ya: The delay switch is now fully programmed and functional. This means that the distance between the sensor bar … Continue reading

Finished Guitar

June 20, 2008
2 Comments

Analyzing Outputs, Tweaking Code, Adding Features, and finishing the Guitar

I haven’t posted an update in a while, but it’s purely because we’ve been so busy with the bot. As the long title of this post implies, we’ve gotten a lot accomplished recently, including finishing the guitar! (not the whole … Continue reading

June 14, 2008
1 Comment

Testing Mounting Solutions

As we finish tweaking our programming, we’ve been testing options for mounting our sensors. After first experimenting with a plexiglass mount, we moved on to velcro (with a temporary lego and K’nex mount). That was too difficult to adjust, so … Continue reading

June 9, 2008
0 comments

Moving Towards a Finalized Design

Today was dedicated to getting a working prototype of the guitar in its nearly final form. Since we have redesigned the control board, we modified the original design by cutting connections and jumpering pins to get it working with the … Continue reading

June 6, 2008
0 comments

More PCB modding, Prepping the Sensor Track

As yesterday, we continued modding the control PCBs to work with our current programming. In addition to that, we finally started routing a path for our sensing circuits. They will sit on a plexiglass base and be able to slide … Continue reading

June 5, 2008
0 comments

More guitar mods, and PCB testing

Since we are convinced that the inside our our guitar is going to look really cool when complete, we’ve decided to make a a back window out of plexiglass, so today we’ve started to cut it. As normal, today was … Continue reading

June 4, 2008
0 comments

Guitar Programming bug fixes, PCB testing, and USB installation

At this point, it’s all about bug fixes. We have two working version of our program, the spin version, running in a slower interpreted language that is easier to code, and a super fast-assembly version, that still doesn’t work perfectly, … Continue reading

June 3, 2008
0 comments

Even more Programming, and the Arrival of PCBs

Oh yes, even more programming today. After spending hours working out little bugs in our new code platform, we finally have a “working” version. However, it is still not as good as our previous program (the one that 100 percented … Continue reading